Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.4 are here, bringing more engaging customer experiences and enhancements. Here's what's new...
Page Builder Enhancements
Page Builder has been well received by merchants with many embracing the new technology to accelerate their ability to deliver fresh content. Enhancements to this version include full control over how products are showcased within page content, allowing products to be sorted by product position in the category or by various predefined parameters like name, price & stock status. Products can then be showcased in either static product grids that highlight all items at once, or in image carousels.
Page Builder Enhancements & PWA Studio Compatibility
There's been a large uptake of merchants utilising the Progressive Web App (PWA) Studio facility in Magento Commerce to create headless storefronts; Magento have continued with their aim to make PWAs easier to manage for merchants.
The enhanced compatibility, originally announced at MagentoLive Europe 2019 in November, allows content created with Page Builder to be rendered in PWA Studio’s Venia reference storefront, giving more creative control when designing PWA Studio-based storefronts.
Adobe Stock Integration
Many small to medium-sized merchants rely on stock imagery when managing their product catalogues, the manual upload of which can be slow and inefficient. In Magento 2.3.4, Adobe Stock Integration allows merchants to add high-quality media assets to their websites from within the Magento admin, to simplify the process and streamline workflow. Adobe Stock Integration allows merchants to:
- Search Adobe Stock from Media Gallery to browse the full Adobe Stock catalog of assets natively within the Magento admin panel
- Preview watermarked images inside the site content to try before licensing with an Adobe ID
- Programmatically replace the watermarked preview with the licensed copy anywhere it has been used
The combination of Magento and Adobe Stock is the first integration with Creative Cloud, the powerful suite of Adobe creative tools.
dotdigital has enhanced its Vendor Bundled Extension with the addition of Chat and will include one free agent for merchants to get started, exclusive to Magento 2.3.4. dotdigital Chat allows customers to receive real-time responses and access to answers within seconds, removing the barriers to sales to give merchants a helping hand in generating more revenue. Chat agents can:
- Manage multiple conversations with customers and prospects
- Send and receive files, such as tickets, receipts, product images or demo videos
- Potentially up-sell customers different products for out of stock items
• PWA Studio 5.0.0: The latest version of PWA Studio includes new tools to make it easier to work with Venia UI components.
• GraphQL: Improved GraphQL coverage to better enable a growing number of merchants to take a headless approach to storefront development.
• Improved performance & security: Including storefront performance with reduced requests to the server, optimised Inventory Management and B2B capabilities, and security fixes for improved PCI compliance.