Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.2-p1 and 2.3.7 are now available. Both releases focus on security updates and upgrading to PHP 7.4.
Both Adobe Commerce 2.4.2-p1 and 2.3.7 bring important security updates to customers, while 2.3.7 also adds support for PHP 7.4 and in-product guidance (previously available in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2) to help boost confidence in security.
It’s an important update given the growth of the ecommerce sector over the last 12 months, in terms of solidifying security, and the impending end of support in December 2021 of PHP 7.3. Adobe Commerce 2.3.x also reaches end of support in April 2022.
Adobe is recommending that Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.x users upgrade directly to the 2.4 line and PHP 7.4 for cost-effectiveness and to help maintain PCI compliance. Support for PHP 7.4 in the 2.3.7 version is intended only to help customers maintain PCI compliance until they can upgrade to version 2.4.
Additional product updates in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2-p1 and 2.3.7:
- PWA Studio 10 ( 2.4.2+ only) with new features: expanded payment options (check and money orders), Mega menu support, store switcher drop-down to easily shop multiple stores, and more.
- Egress Filtering (Adobe Commerce only) is a security mechanism to allow or deny network traffic from the store to other destinations, with the aim of stopping any malware from sending private information to outside entities.
- Product Recommendations (Adobe Commerce 2.3.7+ only) expanded features for more complex B2B buying scenarios so that B2B buyers see only recommendations that reflect the products and pricing in their assigned catalog.
- Security Scan will feature PWA Studio support.
- Customer Support Data collection consent changes will mean only the Primary User within a Magento Customer profile can provide consent, but with the ability to grant access to Customer Data for an extended period of time.