Coming March 2022, Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 will feature the latest technologies and will be built on the newest version of PHP (8.1). Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 will feature performance enhanced B2B and B2C capabilities, as well as headless support. It's an important upgrade; Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 provides a strong foundation for the future allowing merchants to spend fewer resources on platform maintenance. New features will be delivered as independent services, and upgrades to the core codebase will become lighter.
Adobe 2.4 resources
- Adobe have created a 2.4 Upgrade Guide that takes merchants through the best practices to follow when upgrading to Adobe Commerce 2.4.
- Adobe have also hosted a 2.4 Upgrade Workshop, the recording of which is available on demand under the Adobe Experience League Tutorials section.
Important information to help with the transition to 2.4.4
- Adobe Commerce 2.3 End of Support (EOS) date is now September 8, 2022 to provide additional time to upgrade to 2.4.4. Customers who stay current with the latest Adobe Commerce versions are best protected against security vulnerabilities, remain PCI compliant, and benefit from the latest features.
- Two security patches will be released in August (2.3.7-p4 and 2.4.3-p3) to help customers on those versions stay secure and PCI compliant as they transition to 2.4.4.
- Paid extended support options will be available for merchants on Adobe Commerce versions that use PHP 7.4 (versions 2.3.7, 2.4.0-2.4.3) who need more time to upgrade to 2.4.4 or higher which will extend support for one year after the version EOS date.