Here at The Pixel we pride ourselves on staying one step ahead of the curve when it comes to e-commerce trends that could impact our clients. Our teams share ideas from articles and webinars with the wider business every day to ensure we’re always looking ahead.
Below are a selection of articles that got us talking in the first half of 2022!
- In January, Nosto Acquired SearchNode. SearchNode is an e-commerce search platform that uses artificial intelligence to enhance search results and will now become part of Nosto’s Commerce Experience Platform. We work closely with Nosto on a long list of websites to drive success across product recommendations and product discovery, so hearing they’ve ventured into search got people talking!
- The European Commission found that almost two thirds of online shops and platforms triggered doubts about the reliability of consumer reviews. In 144 out of the 223 websites checked, authorities couldn’t confirm that businesses were doing enough to ensure authentic reviews
- Adobe announced new Adobe Experience Cloud tools to personalise both in-store and online shopping experiences for customers. The platform aims to give businesses a unified view of the customer using Adobe Target and Adobe Journey Optimiser
- Data released by the logistics company, Whistl, showed that in the UK 81% of households get subscription boxes. Households in the UK spent 742.7 Euros per year on subscriptions in 2021 with an average spend per month of 62.3 Euros. According to the research, shoppers stayed signed up for an average of 9 months. The team are keeping a close eye on whether subscription boxes should be on a client roadmap or if they’re actually in decline post-pandemic
- Google to sunset Universal Analytics on July 1 2023, in favour of Google Analytics 4. Google believes that the measurement methodology in Universal Analytics is quickly becoming obsolete. This is because it was “anchored in the desktop web, independent sessions and more easily observable data from cookies.”. Following Google’s announcements and subsequent articles we sprang into gear to set out plans to move our client’s over so they have data year on year for comparison by the cutover period
- Adobe surveyed 12,066 global consumers and 2,031 senior executives across 15 countries as part of the 2022 Trust Report and the key takeaway was that customer trust is earned or broken with every experience, whether that is online or in person. The Adobe report cemented the team’s belief in customer-first requirements and involving stakeholders from the whole customer journey when scoping
- Yotpo research reveals UK consumers are loyal to brands that share their values. Yotpo published their annual State of Brand Loyalty survey with answers from 3,800 respondents across the UK, US, Australia, France, and Germany. They have found that 85% of global respondents are more inclined to buy from a brand whose values align with their own
- The Drum released this article in April looking at how to make the most of GA4 and some of the ways that GA4 improves on Universal Analytics: GA4 Is Here, But Why? And How Can Marketers Make The Most Of It?
- Google announced Retail Search, a solution to give retailers the power of Google search on their own sites. It uses technology created by Google to understand user intent and context to enhance the search capabilities of e-commerce sites
- Klevu released A/B Testing for Merchandising Strategies which provides data-driven insights to ensure that you are using the best possible merchandising strategy for your business. It’s a great way to compare your merchandising efforts with Klevu’s machine learning powered solutions
- Apple has joined companies like Klarna and Paypal with the launch of its new Apple Pay Later BNPL service. It is being rolled out this summer in the US and will likely arrive in the UK before Christmas. The brands we have the pleasure of working with have seen a positive impact from the BNPL emergence so we’ll be watching Apple Pay Later’s growth this year for potential 2023 integrations