Magento Commerce 2.3.5 offers platform upgrades, security changes and performance improvements. This release includes over 180 functional fixes to the core product and over 25 security enhancements. Highlights below:
Merchants can now install time-sensitive security fixes without applying the hundreds of functional fixes and enhancements that a full quarterly release includes. For example, patch 188.8.131.52 (Composer package 2.3.4-p2) is a security-only patch that provides fixes for vulnerabilities that have been identified in previous quarterly release, Magento 2.3.4.
Product Recommendations using Adobe Sensei
Magento’s Product Recommendations helps merchants increase conversions, revenue and shopper engagement by harnessing Adobe Sensei - Adobe's AI tool that uses artificial intelligence and machine-learning algorithms to perform a deep analysis of shopper data. The feature creates highly engaging, relevant, and personalised experiences.
Page Builder enhancements for this release include:
- Templates: existing Page Builder pages can now be saved as templates and then used to create new CMS Pages elsewhere on site, replicating the same layout.
- Video Backgrounds: Page Builder Rows, Banners and Sliders now have the option to use videos for their backgrounds.
- Full Height Rows, Banners and Sliders: the option to set heights of Rows, Banners and Sliders to the full-height of the page is now available.
- Content type upgrade library: users can now introduce new versions of Page Builder content types without introducing backward-incompatible issues as with previous versions.
PWA Studio 6.0.0 contains:
- Launch of the PWA extensibility framework: developers now have the ability to create an extensibility API for the storefront.
- Caching and data fetching improvements: improved caching logic and other data fetching optimisations in the Peregrine and Venia UI component libraries is now available.
- Shopping cart components: A full-page shopping cart experience.
This release includes:
- Integration of Engagement cloud and Magento B2B: Magento B2B merchants can leverage their B2B commerce data to better engage with their prospective and existing customers. Includes: Company data sync (customer type, company, company status), Sync of shared catalog data, Sync of quote data.
- Improved importer performance and coupon code re-send.
Inventory Management enhancements include:
- New extension point for SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider.
- Ability to view allocated inventory sources from the Orders list.
For more information and the full list of changes, read the Magento Commerce 2.3.5 Release Notes.